Sensor solutions for intralogistics
As industry experts, we are familiar with the various fields of application of intralogistics and their unique requirements, and we develop products tailored to them. This enables our customers to offer competitive intralogistics solutions. Market leaders such as Amazon, Tesco, or Zalando use standards that set the bar. Developments such as same-day or one-hour delivery require sophisticated logistics and highly automated distribution centers. The basis for this is an intelligent sensor system that works effectively and thus ensures maximum system availability.
"Global online commerce demands ever faster reaction times. Efficiency and automation are in demand. Our sensors facilitate sustainable and dynamic warehouse logistics."
Matthias Göhner, Industry Manager Intralogistics
Our Industry 4.0-compatible sensors enable efficient and transparent processes. Individual sensors are becoming increasingly powerful. This means that the number of sensors can be reduced. The sensors inspect themselves, which means that there is virtually no downtime. Modern cloud solutions make the process data available worldwide for maintenance and monitoring tasks.
Full-service provider for intralogistics
Our claim as an industry specialist is to find the right solution for every intralogistics application. Our sensors ensure that the systems work reliably. The all-inclusive worry-free package consisting of solutions and services also includes 24/7 service.
Maximum system availability
Our smart sensors verify their own functionality and thus enable predictive maintenance. This guarantees maximum system availability. Using an integrated interface, the data can be transmitted worldwide, e.g., to the Microsoft Azure Cloud, for monitoring and maintenance tasks.
Cost reduction through performance
Our product range is characterized by fast commissioning, intuitive operation, and high performance. We develop sensors for our customers that are more affordable in terms of overall costs due to their functionality, such as camerabased compartment fine positioning with the IPS 200i.
Areas of application and product highlights
High-bay storage devices
Sensor solutions for high-bay storage devices
High-bay storage devices handle the storage and retrieval of goods in automatic high-bay warehouses. The speed and reliability of the high-bay storage devices - also in the low temperature range - are decisive for the overall performance and system availability. Our sensor solutions ensure that the high-bay storage device works optimally. Dynamic and precise storage and retrieval of the goods ensures a high throughput speed. Optical compartment occupation checks and push-through protection reliably protect the stored goods and system. The easy alignment of the sensors enable fast and error-free commissioning.
- Positioning (linear, curve-going) / BPS 300i
- Positioning (linear) / AMS 300i
- Data transmission / DDLS 200
- Data transmission / DDLS 500
- Single-depth compartment fine positioning in X- and Y-axis / IPS 200i
- Compartment fine positioning, double-depth in X- and Y-axis / LSIS 472i
- Bay positioning / HRTR 25B-XL, HT 46C
- Single-/multi-depth shelf positioning / HT 46C, HT 10
- Compartment occupation check, push-through protection / HRT 25B (long range), 10 series
- Clearance monitoring on the load receptacle / 3C, 5, 25C, 46C series
Sensor solutions for shuttles
Shuttles are compact warehouse vehicles for automatic operation of high-bay warehouses, which are used in parallel and which largely move independently in the rack construction. The dynamic shuttles are tasked with transporting the goods safely, reliably identify open spaces, and avoid collisions. This is ensured by our sensors for compartment fine positioning, detecting open spaces, and for presence control. For optimum positioning, sensors that can switch within milliseconds are used. The space-saving sensors can also be easily integrated in low vehicles and allow a flexible design. Their user-friendly design facilitates quick installation and commissioning.
- Collision protection (transportation path free) / 10 series, HRT 25B (long range)
- End of transportation path (referencing) / PRK 3C, HRT 3C
- Compartment occupation check, single-depth / HT 3C, HRT 25B (long range)
- Compartment occupation check, multi-depth / 10 series, HRT 25B (long range)
- Monitoring load pick-up, container position / PRK 2, PRK 5
- Detection of the finger position / IS 208
- Compartment fine positioning / HT 3C L
- Positioning / 10 series, HRT 25B (long range)
- Load presence / HT 25C, FT 5, FT 328
- Aisle end / 10 series, HRT 25B (long range)
Sensor solutions for continuous conveyors
Continuous conveyors ensure the continuous flow of goods. The presence of goods must be identified in the system, dimensions and fill levels checked, and bar codes must be read reliably. This guarantees a seamless production process. A comprehensive range of sensor solutions facilitates safe and fast object detection and protects people and the system. Individually deployable reading principles, such as bar code, 2D-code, and RFID guarantee maximum flexibility. Our sensors offer reliable detection through high performance reserve even with glossy, dark or stretch-wrapped packages, and rough environmental conditions. The intelligent mounting technology, fast alignment, and easy integration into existing systems such as PROFINET by means of fieldbus interfaces enable swift commissioning of our sensors.
- Object detection with light-band / RK 46C.DXL3 VarOS
- Projection monitoring for pallet loading / CSL 710, CSL 505
- Access guarding without muting sensors / MLC 530 SPG
- Safeguarding of pallet transfer stations / MLD 300, MLD 500
- Pallet identification / BCL 500i
- Object detection / 318B, 5, 25C, 28, 46C series
- Fill level monitoring / LRS 36
- Container identification / BCL 300i
- Volume measurement / LSC 200
- Carton identification / BCL 600i
Electrical monorail systems
Sensor solutions for electrical monorail systems
Electrical monorail systems are rail-guided transport systems to transport goods from A to B. They must be flexible to use, precisely position the goods, and ensure an efficient production process. An intelligent and sophisticated sensor system positions with millimeter accuracy, provides reliable all-around protection, and increases the system’s productivity. The bar code positioning system BPS ensures safe positioning (down to the millimeter) in bends, on gradients and on track switches. Monitoring sensors ensure reliable collision protection and safety laser scanners ensure the protection of danger zones. Powerful identification technologies (bar code/2D-code/RFID) also increase productivity of the system.
- Positioning (curve-going) / BPS 8
- Positioning (curve-going) / BPS 300i
- Collision protection / HT 10
- Safeguarding of the load pick-up and drop-off areas / RSL 400
- Vehicle bodies identification / BCL 500i, BCL 600i
- Skid identification / RFM 12/32/62
Automated guided vehicles
Sensor solutions for automated guided vehicles / side-tracking skates
Automated guided vehicles (AGV) must transport material or goods from A to B quickly, safely and autonomously. Depending on the application and type of material to be transported, an automatic high-lift truck, a platform vehicle or a tractor vehicle may be best suited. An AGV is controlled via optical guidance, grid navigation or so-called natural navigation. Our sensor solutions also guarantee the precise storage and retrieval of pallets, safe transport even with speed changes as well as vibration-free transfer of the transport material.
- Vertical positioning of the load receptacle / AMS 300i
- Pallet and rack detection / 3 series
- Safeguarding the transportation path with natural navigation / RSL 400
- Position detection of transport material / HRT 25B
- Integration of safety sensors / MSI 400
- End positioning of load receptacle / IS 212
- Grid navigation / DCR 200i
- Fine positioning / IPS 200i
- Presence control of transport material / 5 series
- Conveyor control / 3 series
- Optical guidance / OGS 600
- Safeguarding the transportation path / RSL 400
Sensor solutions for side-tracking shelves
Side-tracking shelves allow for the storage location to be used economically and efficiently. It must be possible to access the goods in single racks quickly and safely when needed. Our sensors ensure precise positioning and synchronization of shelves and drives. For safeguarding aisle and foot space and monitoring aisles, Leuze electronic offers tailor-made sensor solutions, too.
Sensor solutions for order picking
Order picking is the process of collecting goods for customer or production orders. The goods have to be identified reliably and in a user-friendly manner. Our readers ensure fast order processing both for manual and automatic allocation of the goods to a respective order. Reliable and high-performance identification increases cost effectiveness considerably.
Sensor solutions for cranes
Goods are warehoused or stored temporarily with industrial crane systems. Automatic positioning of the crane can make the production process significantly more effective. The use of our sensors significantly increases process safety, productivity and availability of the system, and contributes to the protection of people and materials. The connection between the crane and control is established via optical data transmission. Tailor-made to the individual needs of a wide variety of applications, our sensors provide exact crane positioning and manipulator control. Collision protection is preventing possible collisions.
- Data transmission / DDLS 500
- Data transmission / DDLS 200
- Collision protection, distance monitoring / 10 series, PRK 46C
- Final position monitoring / IS 244
- Positioning / BPS 300i
- Positioning / AMS 300i, ODSL 30
- Manipulator control / ROD4plus
- Collision protection / MLD 500, SLS 46C