Calculation wizard for the height of a fixed guard for applications with high risk acc. to DIN EN 13857
• Height of hazard area (a)
• Horizontal safety distance to hazard area (c)
To be determined:
• The required height of the protective construction (b)
- Look for the line with the specification of the hazard area height in the left column.
- In this line, look for the column with the same specification for horizontal safety distance to hazard area.
- The required height of the protective construction is up top in the column head. In case of interim values, the higher value of the protective construction must be used.
|Height of the protective construction (b)|
|Height of hazard area (a)||Horizontal safety distance |
to hazard area (c)
Obstacles with a height under 1000 mm are not included since they do not satisfactorily limit the movement.
Obstacles under 1400 mm should not be used without additional safety-related measures, since these obstacles are too easy to climb over.
Keywords: Safety distance calculation