Throughbeam photoelectric sensors
Advantages for you
- The most powerful throughbeam photoelectric sensor on the market can transilluminate any type of packaging film and reliably detect objects inside
- Both the transmitter power and the receiver sensitivity can be adjusted quickly and intuitively via potentiometers
- The robust housing has degrees of protection IP67 and IP69K. It has been ECOLAB-certified for use in harsh environments where frequent cleaning is necessary.
- For metalized and extremely strongly absorbing films, there is the even more powerful LS25CI.XX super power transmitter model that does not require any adjustment.
- The used infrared light is harmless and eye-safe
High power or super power – two power classes for every type of packaging
Depending on the task, the sensor is faced with different challenges: should an object wrapped in transparent film be detected or should the film itself be detected? Or does a dark film need to be transilluminated?
- The LS25CI.XX super power throughbeam photoelectric sensor transmitter transilluminates even metalized films and reliably detects the objects inside
- The LS25CI.XR1 high power throughbeam photoelectric sensor transmitter can transilluminate dark films and also detect specific films. Its power can be adjusted via the potentiometer.
- The LE25CI.XX1 throughbeam photoelectric sensor receiver works with both transmitter variants and its sensitivity is controlled via a potentiometer.
Detection of the front edge of a product in a metalized film cover
In a horizontal packaging system, candy bars are packaged in film. The packaging film has a colorful print and is opaque. To separate the bars, however, the front edge of the bar inside the film sleeve needs to be reliably detected to ensure that sealing occurs at the correct position.
The high-performance LS25CI.XX super power transilluminates even metalized and darkly colored films effortlessly, even if multiple layers need to be transilluminated. Despite this, the front edge of the packaged product is reliably detected.
|Feature||LS25CI.XX super power transmitter||LS25CI.XR1 high power transmitter||LE25CI.XR1 receiver|
|Type||Transmitter||Transmitter||Receiver (compatible with both transmitters)|
|Light source||Infrared (850 nm)||Infrared (850 nm)||-|
|Operating range (calculated)||400 m||220 m||400 m / 220 m|
|Switching frequency||100 Hz||100 Hz||100 Hz|
|Response time||5 ms||5 ms||5 ms|
|Temperature range||-40 ... 50 °C||-40 ... 50 °C||-40 ... 50 °C|
|Switching output||-||-||PNP light/dark
|Degree of protection||IP 67, IP 69K||IP 67, IP 69K||IP 67, IP 69K|
|Certifications||CE, UL, ECOLAB||CE, UL, ECOLAB||CE, UL, ECOLAB|
|Connection||M12, M8, cable||M12, M8, cable||M12, M8, cable|