Safety laser scanner
Unique technology for robust operation
With the RSL 400, the entire transmitting/receiving system rotates creating an especially narrow and uniform laser spot over the entire scanning range. This provides the devices with a high angular resolution of 0.1°, making them very adept at filtering objects that are not safety-relevant, such as dust and particles in the air.
With the 270° scanning angle and operating range of up to 8.25 m, the RSL 400 can safeguarding even large areas with just one device. The 2-in-1 solution makes the devices even more efficient: by means of 2 independent protective functions, each with its own safety output, the RSL 400 performs the tasks of two devices.
Removable connection unit
The connection unit of the RSL 400 is removable and can be mounted separately. The scanning head thus remains protected and can simply be attached afterwards.
Fast device exchange: It takes less than 30 seconds to swap out the scanner: turn two screws by 90° and replace the scanner head. Without realignment, readjusting and configuration effort, as the configuration memory is integrated in the connection unit
Three communication options
Suitable access is always guaranteed with three means of communication for configuration and diagnosis. In addition, all RSL 400 models are already network-capable thanks to the standard Ethernet-TCP/IP interface, e.g. for diagnosis via central access points.
- Ethernet TCP/IP
- USB (from RSL 420)
The large characters on the integrated display are easily visible even from a distance. Various functions and messages are thereby always in view.
- The built-in electronic spirit level allows for quick alignment of the device
- Output of messages and details on protective field violations
- Call up the signature (CRC checksum) without PC
Integration is particularly easy with the RSL 410, using an 8-pin M12 connector.
Connector or cable
Connection units for the RSL 420 to 445 models are available with plugs or cables in selectable lengths.
200 configurable fields
100 switchable field pairs or 50 switchable 4-field sets offer optimum adaptation to various movement conditions, e.g., with AGVs or robots. With its two parallel protective functions, the RSL 400 works like two devices in one, or it can provide an additional, upstream protective field. In the PROFIsafe version, the RSL 400 monitors even four protective fields simultaneously.
100 switchable field pairs:
1 protective field + 1 warning field
10 switchable 4-field sets:
1 protective field + 3 warning fields
2 x 10 field pairs, independently switchable:
1 protective field + 1 warning field each
50 switchable 4-field sets:
2 protective fields + 2 warning fields
PROFIsafe: also 4 protective fields
Safe in the network
- Scanner head with PROFIsafe function, removable connection unit with integrated PROFINET switch
- For use in star, line and ring topologies
- Supports PROFINET Conformance Class C and Isochronous Real Time communication (IRT)
Replace without network interruption
The 2-port PROFINET switch is integrated in the removable connection unit. The network functions are retained without interruption even if the scanner is replaced.
PROFINET connection with M12 connections
- PROFINET connection unit with industrial M12 connectors for 2-port switch and voltage supply
- Model 4x M12 with additional output for the voltage supply of multiple devices in series connection
PROFINET connection, AIDA-compliant
- AIDA-compliant PROFINET connection unit with push-pull connectors
- Network connection via copper or fiber optic cable